Positively dreamy


This week I am taking a painting class called Find Your Joy with Louise Fletcher, a delightful woman from Yorkshire, England, whose accent is charming and whose paintings are gorgeous.

Last night she sent us a video on color mixing. I got so excited watching it I ended up going to bed 2 hours late cuz I was so happily mixing paints.

So today I decided to paint with some of the mixed colors I'd encountered the night before, and this is the result. I didn't even bother to gesso the canvas first; I just painted right over an old diptych I never really liked. I decided I wouldn't make this about marking, but just about colors, but now, of course, I'm wondering if it needs some marks...

So who knows. Maybe that's what I'll tackle tomorrow. In the meantime I have to say I find this a joy to look at; the colors are just so lovely. Not necessarily saleable, except in southern climates I suspect, but it's just so... juicy.

-- and it's a great reflection of how I felt today, sitting on a bench outside my favorite coffee shop, looking out over the harbor and chatting with my husband and two dear friends, all of us getting together for the first time since March. A beautiful sunny day, good friends, and sailboats rocking quietly in the water -- positively dreamy.

Comments

Popular Posts