Moving on...

Though Covid is still raging through parts of the country (thankfully not here, for which I'm grateful) this will be my last post on this blog for a while. My studio is all packed up, the paints put away with the exception of a tiny pack of watercolors and some paper, just so I can keep my hand in if I need a break.

This one was part of the same exercise that produced the last one, which I will share here for anyone who would like to have a bit of fun: it really was a joy to do these.

"Choose three paint colours plus B&W, some scraps of paper for collage, a pencil, an ink pen or ballpoint pen, a piece of charcoal or pastel, and an oil pastel or crayon.

Follow this order as you work:
  • You can make two brush marks (any size and shape)
  • Make two marks with another tool
  • Draw two lines in pencil
  • Draw two lines or shapes in ink
  • Make one charcoal mark
  • Stick on two collage items
  • Add two brush marks
  • Finish with one mark with oil pastel or crayon
You will find that at first you are finding your way, but as you make more pieces, you start to plan a little more and make decisions. Don’t pressure yourself to make anything good – just have fun!"
Thank you, Louise Fletcher, for a delightful painting course! And now, back to the packing...

Comments

Popular Posts