Pay attention, be open to change

I painted this one with leftover paint from the other one, letting one spill dry, adding another, and then, when that dried, adding some lines with charcoal, pen, and fine-line applicators.

The charcoal was frustrating; I wanted the line to be thinner and stronger, so I went back over it with the black applicator. I had the same issue with the white pen, but I also wanted a mix of thick and thin white lines, so I added stuff with the white applicator.

In the end, I actually really like the result, and now I'm wondering if I ought to go back to something I used to do a lot -- simple line drawings with thin colors added after the fact...

So -- making do with leftovers is another step that can add to a new direction -- as long as we're paying attention and open to change. But paying attention and being open to change can be really challenging in times like these. I'll be praying for that, but for us and for our friends...

Comments

Popular Posts