More splashiness

As promised, that Nickel Azo pour did serve as a foundation for something completely different -- not that this is what I intended to create, but that's becoming somewhat of a theme here: I never quite seem to create what I intend!

And this is quite a bit more turquoise than I intended, as well, but I'm getting used to that; something in me is just leaning in that direction these days.

I was hoping for larger blocks of color; not so many little details, but that didn't seem to be where this was going -- and I am amused at the sort of splashiness of it. I keep coming back to water...

One of my instagram followers saw a hawk diving in it, though I'm not sure what he's diving for. At any rate, the good news is this one is done for a while; I'm not going to paint over it unless it wears on me after time, though I might try tipping it on its side. When life gets tipped on its side you learn to see things differently; paintings are pretty much the same.

Comments

Popular Posts