Layers of intention

Today I decided to stay on yesterday's path but with cheerier colors. Because this method really needs each layer to dry before the next, I took pictures of each so you can see the progression.

I'm not sure the final at left is really the end, but I think I'm done for today -- and, at the end, you'll see the trick of light I found when I turned away from the painting to wash my brushes...

It's a lovely example, I think, of the fact that whatever we create with intention, can be surpassed with a simple flash of light: it's not over til it's over, and something unexpectedly beautiful may make everything worthwhile.

So: Here's the first pass, with gray and black. Actually it's the second pass; the black had to dry before I added the gray...


And here's the second pass, with the colors washed on: sort of a fat little blue bug...


And here's the third pass: I got a little carried away with the white.
Now we have a sort of white weasel entering the picture and creating a blue hedgehog -- which is why I ended up turning it on its end and bringing in a swath of purple (see above.)

And here's what was waiting when I turned around:
I never did figure out where that awesome pattern of yellow light was coming from... Makes me think of that Keb Mo song: "Might be God tryin' to get your attention."

Comments

Popular Posts