Color alone is not enough

After yesterday's revelations, around which paintings I would want to live with, I decided to return to my more familiar color palette: Prussian blue, dark Cerulean blue, Yellow Ochre and (can't leave this one out) Quinacridone Nickel Azo Gold.

Building on some earlier work in the brighter colors, I produced this one, which is... you know, lovely in its way (damning with faint praise) but really... too busy to be what I'm hoping for. I need larger spaces, more openness.

... and that's what I had planned to work on today, but instead I need to go off island and run some errands. With luck I'll be back in time to paint, but I may not have the energy at that point.

It would have been such a lovely day to stay home, too -- it's raining steadily and hard outside, with thunder and lightning to boot (extremely rare for the Pacific Northwest).

Oh, well -- duty calls; once more into the breach!

Comments

Popular Posts