At play in the field of color

More play today, and back into my color comfort zone: this combination does make me happy!

This one is a mix of fluid and high-flow acrylics, applied with squeegee, brushes, rollers, the edge of cardboard, the edge of a plastic bag, and teeny little applicator bottles; some on the wall/easel and some flat on the counter.

It's not great art, but it's fun, and I'm getting a better feel for which kinds of strokes work with which applicators. I'm sure this is all stuff I could have learned if I had gone to art school, but that's what happens when you don't discover your inner artist until you're over 60: you make do and experiment!

... and isn't that what we're all learning to do these days? Make do, experiment, see what works, figure out how to make things last, how to amuse ourselves and/or feel productive? I still hope we'll have learned something from this -- but then, I'm also still hoping I'll come out of this process with a clear style, and so far that doesn't seem to be happening!

Comments

Popular Posts