With time, quiet, and intention

Here she is in her final form. I absolutely love this painting, but I understand if you don't; for some reason it's not very photographable.

This rendering is closer to reality than yesterday's (the colors haven't changed, just the lines) but I'm still very disappointed in the photo -- it just doesn't do it justice, which is odd; it's not usually an issue. I think the problem is that my iphone can't quite grasp the complexities of all the white, and in order to get the white looking white the teal becomes more turquoise than it really is.

At any rate, she's done, and I'm amused to discover she has a sort of house-at-the-edge-of-the-water feel. Not surprising, given that I spent some time yesterday at a house on the edge of the water...

In the meantime, I wanted to give credit to Julia Cameron, who also contributed to yesterday's lovely Eastery feeling with her entry for the day in The Artist's Way Every Day, to whit:

"Help me become what I am," we pray -- and we do. By listening to our heart's desires and listening to them closely, we are not only led into making the art we dream of making but also into the dream of that art being realized on a meaningful scale. Like the farmer in Field of Dreams, we must trust enough to build it -- whatever "it" is -- and trust that "they" will come. 

Whether this applies to our other dreams -- that the virus will run its course without killing off too many people and without hopelessly damaging the economy, and that we will have the individual stamina and the corporate leadership to see it through -- is another question altogether, largely because those things are out of our control. What we can control is our own willingness to listen to those heart's desires and to act on them wherever possible. But that takes time, and quiet, and intention. We now have lots of time and quiet. But do we have the intention? I guess that remains to be seen...

Learnings: Things I love when first created don't necessarily continue to inspire me.
                   I need more white, less lavender, more balance. MEANINGFUL SCALE!

Comments

Popular Posts