Struggling to bloom/breathe

Hmm. Some things I like, some I don't, but mostly it feels like a bit of a regression. I do like the idea of combining the plaid effect with a more interesting focal point, but my guess is I'll be painting over this one.

It's almost like the outer edges are closing in, leaching all the color out of the center, which feels like it's struggling to bloom. Or to breathe -- on behalf of all the others struggling to breathe, is my guess.

Last night I read another first hand account by a CoVid survivor; pretty disturbing. And as the numbers keep mounting I ache for everyone affected -- meaning, ultimately, I suppose, just about everyone.

The poem for today in my daily blog -- contemplativephotography.com -- reflects my relatively low spirits about everything.

Palm Sunday.

We hold in our hearts a prayer
For all who walk alone; for all the vulnerable;
For all the church doors, once open, now closed;
For those who've died, and for all the ones who loved them;
For all the ones still working to serve,
And all the ones who now are unemployed;
For all the colors, slowly being leached
Out of a world awash in grief:
We no longer wave our palms,
We simply wash them,
Over,
And over.

Learnings: The poem had value, and ended up in an exhibition in Alexandria.
                   The black lines -- from the strip of corrugated cardboard -- I like.
                    The rest of it... needs to be painted over. Especially the red.

Comments

Popular Posts