Exploring your dreams

I need to step away from my computer in about 5 minutes to attend a virtual opening; my first! It's for the Port Angeles Fine Art Center's Earth: An Abstract show, which is an invitational exhibit, meaning, the curator saw my work and invited me to participate.

BUT -- I was so excited about this one I decided to go ahead and post it. It's one of the only times I've ever visualized a painting in advance and had it actually work -- plus, it's got lots of mark-making, and I like the marks; they didn't spoil it, they only made it better.

I confess I am amused by the femininity of the marks; I pictured them being more slicing than curvy. So that was a discovery -- that these are the shapes that come naturally to me. At any rate, I'm taking this as a success, whether or not you like it, and though I have no idea what I'll do next, I've gessoed another old crap painting and I'm ready to go.

Let's hear it for making time to explore your dreams!

Comments

Popular Posts