An early Easter

The photograph of this painting really doesn't do it justice; the whites have a lot of lavender in them. Fortunately it's not finished yet; hopefully the next iteration will photograph more effectively.

But you can kind of see that I woke up in a better mood this morning. To be honest, it felt like Easter had arrived early this year.

Part of it was because I spent last evening looking at the work of other abstract artists on instagram; very inspiring!

But the clincher was this morning's poem from Hafiz:
A Crystal Rim

The
Earth
Lifts its glass to the sun
And light - light
Is poured.

A bird
Comes and sits on a crystal rim
And from my forest cave I
Hear singing.

So I run to the edge of existence
And join my soul in love.

I lift my heart to Beloved
And grace is poured.

An emerald bird rises from inside me
And now sits
Upon the Beloved's
Glass.

I have left that dark cave forever.
My body has blended with His.

I lay my wing
As a bridge to you

So that you can join us
Singing.

~ Hafiz

(Translated by Daniel Ladinsky)

Learnings: Poetry inspires me; copying does not.
                   I need to stop trying to be Madeline Denaro.
                   I am more of a whole canvas kind of person.

Comments

Popular Posts