When darkness invades

I know. There is no way you could call this an easy painting to look at, but I think, for now, it is done.

In the end, when life -- if it ever can -- returns to normal, I will probably paint over it; I won't want to remember what it was like, living in this time.

In the meantime I am calling it
"When darkness invades the lungs,"
because when I look at it I find it hard to breathe.

But breathe we must, and must continue,
if nothing else, in the tradition of Tonglen.
Breathe in, in our fear, for all the others breathing fear --
and for those who are struggling to breathe at all.

Breathe out whatever peace,
whatever joy or gratitude you carry,
that it may bless those who are burdened
with the challenges of these times.

Breathe in.
Breathe out.
Just keep breathing.


Learnings: I am not a fan of peach. Yellow, red, and white make peach: don't do it.
                  Yellow and red need to be accent colors, not dominate.
                  I need more blue to enjoy a painting. 
                 And more white.

Comments

Popular Posts