Listen to your heart

I spent quite a bit of time yesterday afternoon looking at my own art, examining works of other artists that I particularly appreciated, and looking over my collection of photos through the years -- all to write down what design elements call to me.

I also watched a video, sent to me by artist Louise Fletcher, about finding your own style. And one of the things she said was that the actual act of painting should be a joy; that if we love what we're doing while we're doing it, that will show -- and it will also be unique to us.

So this morning I decided to play some more, but on smaller canvases -- and, since I liked my April 24th piece so much, to mimic those strokes and colors. And omigosh, I had so much fun -- I painted THREE canvases!

So yay! Message for today? Listen to your heart!

Comments

Popular Posts